Holiday Gift Ideas for Pet Parents
With the official start of the holiday shopping season upon us, everyone is making their lists and checking them twice. If you’re an animal lover, chances are whether your pet has been naughty or nice, you’re including your fur-children in the festivities. What you may not realize is that a gift for a friend or family member’s beloved pet may be the best, most appreciated gift you could give that person.
Gifts for your Furr Babies!
HERE ARE A FEW IDEAS FOR UNIQUE WAYS TO SPOIL THE PET-PEOPLE IN YOUR LIFE:
- Treats: Treats are the easiest way to please. Store-bought or homemade, animals love a goodie. Try making a gift of treats more personal by displaying them in a cute pet dish or bowl, or even an animal themed cookie jar.
- Toys: Finding just the right toy can be as simple as taking a trip to your local pet store. Most will have adorable Christmas themed toys to get pets into the holiday spirit, but don’t be afraid of going with a staple, such as tennis balls or plush mice. Animals can be hard on the toys they love and most pet-parents will be excited to have a few “backups” around the house.
- Gift Certificates: Some great ideas for gift certificates include pet stores, groomers, doggy daycares, or pet bakeries. There are more and more pet-specific businesses out there offering a variety of products and services, and a gift certificate or card creates an opportunity for your friend to try something new for their pet they wouldn’t necessarily have tried, or even known about.
- A custom pet portrait: For many people, the animals in their lives are worth immortalizing. While we almost all have cameras on our phones that allow us to share our animal’s antics in real-time, there’s something special about a sitting with a professional photographer or painter.
- Make a donation: From small local rescue groups to national, and even international organizations, making a donation to a charity in a friend’s name is a fantastic way to show a loved one that you care about their interests, or as a way to honor an animal that has crossed the Rainbow Bridge. Most animal lovers have charities that they support, and we here at Skout’s Honor are no different. With our Skout’s Paw Pledge, every time you purchase one of our products, we donate a day’s worth of food to a shelter animal via our charity partner, Rescue Bank (rescuebank.org).
Have an idea for a gift we didn’t mention? Share it in the comments below, we’d love to hear from you!
- Tags: pets
- Doug Swarts